Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sugar Dreams Recipe


1 c. (-) 2T Wesson Oil (natural)
4 c. flour
2 C (+) 2 T granulated sugar
1/2 lb (+) 1 T butter
2 T Sour Cream
1 tsp soft cream cheese
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla (real please)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 small egg yolk (I use whatever size I have)

Add butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until smooth and all butter specks are dissolved. Add sour cream. Mix at medium speed just until blended. Add oil and egg yolk. Mix at lowest speed until oil is slightly mixed, then increase to medium speed until mixture is well mixed but still slightly lumpy. Add flour, salt and soda. Mix until just blended then add 10 seconds more of mixing time at medium speed. Cover dough and let sit for 4-8 hours. Press 1 1/2 oz. rounded dough balls (I make them about the size of a golfball)down on clean baking sheeet and flatten to about 2" in diameter discs. Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes (check after 9, mine usually take about 10 1/2 min.) at 400-420°F or until the edges of the cookies start to turn a light brown. You don't want to overcook these. I let mine sit on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes after I remove them from the oven. Helps to keep them from falling apart. These are a fave wherever I take them but they are very rich. Enjoy!



This recipe was in my grandma's recipe box. She was a wonderful cook. She gave me several of her aprons and I cherish them and her recipes. Miss her much!

No comments: