Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SOCK IT TO ME CAKE

Sock it to me Cake

1 butter recipe yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. water
1 c. sour cream

reserve 2 tbs. dry cake mix - set aside

add 2 tbs. light brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon to 2 tbs dry cake mix, mix well, set aside.

mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water, sugar, and sour cream. blend well. pour half of the batter into greased and floured pans, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon and dry cake mixture over batter, cover with remaining  batter.

Bake at 375 for 45-50 min. or until done.

top with powdered sugar and serve


this recipe was given to me by Luna Mae Baker in 1979 for my bridal shower. I have made this cake over the past 30 years and it has been a hit with all. Mostly with my oldest son. I made 50 little cakes for my son's wedding, we boxed them and they were the grooms cake. They were given out to single males.

No comments: