1 head Napa cabbage
1 bunch chopped green onions
1/3 cup butter
1 (3oz) package ramen noodles, crushed
2 tbs. sesame seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbs. soy sauce
3/4 c oil
1. Finely shred the head of cabbage, combine the green onions and cabbage in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
3. Make the crunchies: melt the butter in a pot. Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds, and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Spoon mixture onto a baking sheet and bake the crunchies in the preheated 350 degree oven turning often to make sure they do not burn. When they are browned remove them from the oven.
4. Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, oil, sugar and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
5. Combine dressing, crunchies, and cabbage immediately before serving. Serve right away or the crunches will get soggy.
For a quicker version of this recipe... I brown the noodles and sesame seeds and almonds on the stove in a skillet. Stirring constantly so that the mixture will not burn. Cook until browned. I also have just mixed the dressing all together without heating it, I use a shaker, or my pampered chef dressing pump container. I also reserve some of the crunchies to add to any left over salad.